The first ever circus event at Battle and Langton School by Happy’s Circus! Check them out yourselves, their reviews are brilliant. We had to book them 2 years in advanced, it’s going to be so much fun!
There will also be a few stalls including hot dogs, refreshments, glow products (it’s dark in the Big Top!), face painting, tattoos, ice cream and lucky dip!
Date: Saturday 17th of June 2017
Volunteers needed on the day! You don’t have to commit to the whole day, just whatever you can, even a couple of hours is very much appreciated! Help raise money to improve our school!
School gate opens at 12.30 (earlier if we have enough volunteers to run more games and fun stalls for children)
Big Top opens at 13.30
The 1st half of the show will start at 14.00
The 2nd half show is 15.15-16.00
Raffle prize winners will be drawn at the end of the show at 16.00
Big Top starts pull-down at 16.30, and the school gates close.
£10 per ticket. Limited seating. First come first served. No limit on the number of tickets per order until it’s sold out.
There will be ONE show only, as this is the first trial of such event for the PTA, we will review and will decide afterwards if we are to hold similar events in the future. However, due to the school’s plan of installing security fences, it’s possible that we won’t be able to hold such an event again as the vehicles may not be able to access the large field.
1st Prize: 3/4 night break from Park Holidays UK
2nd Prize: £100 voucher from Barracloughs the Opticians
3rd Prize: Unicorn Cake (worth £80) from The Chain Lane Cake Co.
4th Prize: £45 voucher (10 group sessions) from Born Ready Fitness
£30 voucher off a meal for 2 from The Royal Oak in Whatlington
£25 voucher from Orangery Tea Room
£20 voucher from Intrim Battle Ltd
Two tickets from Devonshire Park Theatre to see Body Double worth £40
Cut & Blow Dry from Panache Hair & Beauty
Round of golf for 4 people at James Andrews Golf School
Cream tea for 2 people from Burton’s Licensed Restaurant and Tea Room
A Sanderson Fabrics and Wallpapers floral cushion from Curtains & Interiors by Rae worth £34.99
Cream tea for 2 from Bluebells Cafe Tearoom
A file & polish voucher from Treat Exclusive Aveda Hair & Beauty
A bottle of wine from Cut & Grill
A gift basket from Aurelie & Rose
Silk clay from The Crafty Norman
2 breakfasts from Café 10
A voucher for £15 from Battle School of Dancing either for lessons or uniform
A childs rug from Battle Floors
Milkshake & Cupcake for 2 from Skarlett’s Cafe, Battle
A panda mosaic from Craft Magic, Rye & Battle
4 VIP vouchers from Smooth Operators Male Grooming
An orchid plant from Battle House Of Flowers
A Dad mug from BRITISH design BRITISH made
A fruit basket from Battle Slimming World Group
A pair of Rodenstock sunglasses from Focus Medical Eye Centre
A free dog groom from House of Doodle – Dog Grooming
A cake or a voucher from Battle Bakes and Cakes
A voucher from 1066 Butchers
A jar of sweets and a voucher from Spoilt Rotten
A photo shoot from Zindigo Photography
Important! You also need to know!
- The ticket price of £10 is suggested by the circus, the circus have received excellent reviews and we had to book 2 years in advance to have them. Take into account to go to cinema is approx. £8 and panto £12/15, it really is value for money.
- It is open to the general public, the school of course have been given the first opportunity to buy tickets, however if you have friends and family that would like to come too, please feel free to purchase!
- All PTA events are entirely run and organised by VOLUNTEERS, we desperately need some more proactive parents’relatives that want to get involved. Remember, more people helping means we can run more fun events that the kids love. Without willing volunteers, events cannot happen!
- All profits go straight back to the school. Due to the government cuts, the school has no money. The PTA is trying to raise as much as we can, so that the children can have equipment, learning resources and continue their education in a safe and productive environment.
- NO buggies will be allowed inside of the Big Top for health and safety reasons.
- Wheelchairs allowed, please let us know when purchasing tickets so we can arrange this for you. Please also let us know of any other mobility issues.
- It’s a 90+ mins show, please use your own judgement whether a show of this length is suitable for your child, especially the younger ones. NO standing up during the show is allowed as there will be performers flying about! Toddlers and babies under 3 years old can sit on laps, or would need a separate ticket for their own seating.
- There are NO animals involved.
- Raffle tickets will be sold separately, and will be drawn at the end of the show. The winners will be contacted after the show. You can win raffle prizes without seeing the circus!
- Unfortunately there will be NO summer fete this year. PTA events rely on volunteers TOTALLY, the more volunteers we have, the bigger and the better events we can organise.
Hopefully more volunteers in the future would mean we’ll be able to run an event such as this and the fete – please let us know if you might be able to help out with any event.
- There’s no allocated seating, we recommend arriving early for better seats.
- Cars must be parked properly, as they should be, in the car parks. Circus has huge vans and all kinds of equipment in and out of the school that day, it’s crucial that the access is clear.
- There will be big black bin bags outside of the Big Top, please bring out all your litters, and do not leave any litters in the Big Top.
- All children remain the accompany adults’ responsibility at all times through out the event.